Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
As part of my continuing coverage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, now it’s Virgin America’s turn. I didn’t get a chance to write on this Virgin America Black Friday fare sale yesterday, but luckily it’s still available as of this writing on Saturday morning. The Virgin America Black Friday deal is actually good through Cyber Monday and all the way until Wednesday, though I suppose that it’s possible that some of the fares will sell out.
For my complete list of Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, check out
- SPG / Marriott Black Friday and Cyber Monday hotel deals
- Wyndham Black Friday / Cyber Monday hotel deals
- American Airlines Black Friday offer – bonus on buying miles
- 7 Amazon Black Friday travel deals for 2017
- Expedia Black Friday 2017 deals – up to 75% off select hotels and travel
Virgin America Black Friday fare sale (still available)
The Virgin America Black Friday fare sale has the following details / fine print
- Main Cabin Tickets must be purchased by 9:59 pm PT on Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase where travel must occur betweenJanuary 10, 2018 and March 7, 2018.
- Lowest sale fares are available only on certain itineraries. Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Lowest sale fares to Hawaii are only valid Sunday through Wednesday. Lowest sale fares from Hawaii are only valid Monday through Thursday
Virgin America Black Friday fare examples
Here are a few of the fare sale examples flying out of Virgin’s hub at SFO – as low as $49 one way
Remember that because Virgin America Elevate points are tied to the cost of the flight, this Virgin America fare sale means that AWARD tickets are also lower than usual. Those cheap SFO flights are just as cheap with points
Unfortunately Virgin America’s cancellation policy is not anywhere near as awesome as the Southwest cancellation policy, so if you’ve already booked a flight and the price has now gone down, you’re pretty much out of luck 🙁
East Coasters and Midwesterners like myself also get some love – I saw flights from $99 or 4103 Elevate points from San Francisco to Indianapolis and Raleigh / Durham and a $109 flight from SFO to Chicago
Hawaii flights are also on sale out of LAX and SFO to HNL, OGG and KOA – I saw it as low as $179 or 8138 Elevate points one way
[SEE ALSO: Cheapest miles to fly to Hawaii for free]
In any case, it’s worth checking out if you have any upcoming travel in the Virgin America network.
Find anything good in the Virgin America Black Friday fare sale? Let us know in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them