Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past 7 days
I’m heading to Europe next week, so it seemed like a good time to use my IHG free night certificates.
But rather than the classic “Bora Bora” redemption, find out where I “wasted” my 2 IHG free night certificates
As part of my trip to Europe, I was originally routed on my return from Rome to Cincinnati by way of London and Chicago
Due to an involuntary schedule change, I was able to get 16 free hours in Rome by connecting direct through JFK.
That also had the benefit of saving over $200 – but I had to fight to make American Airlines give me my $200 back!
I’ve done Visa gift cards (and loading them to Bluebird or Red Card), I’ve done reselling gift cards.
Now it’s time to share my recent experiences manufacturing spending through reselling
- If you have a 4th grader in your family, make sure to sign up for Every Kid in a Park – FREE entry to all National Parks
- A tale of two Super 8s – true budget traveling
- Give me your craziest border crossing stories!
- Do you need a passport to go to Canada?
- September 2015: Time to update the travel map!
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- SPG Open the World: Win up to 25,000 SPG Starpoints – new sweepstakes from SPG where you can play for free twice a day with a chance to win up to 25,000 SPG points.
- Chase partnership with Amtrak ending on September 30th
- Delta American Express 50,000 point + $50 statement credit offer BACK!
- If you haven’t done an American Airlines status challenge recently, you might want to check out a (Targeted?) AA Executive Platinum challenge – top status for only 25K flown miles
- Exploring the new Marriott credit card offers
News and Notes
- The million mile trip, a new devaluation, 2 hotel promotions, and more!
- Travel hacking acronyms, a way to churn Amex, Diamond challenge, Monaco and more!
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: The award redemption going away on Tuesday, plus hilarious 1-star National park reviews, undervalued awards and more!
or the recap of the top posts from August: Best of August: My $9,144.92 trip, 16 extra hours in Rome for FREE, my latest churn, and the top 10 miles and points tools!