First of all, a big thanks to all of my readers – it still very much amazes me that there are lots of people out there that seem to enjoy my writing and stop by to read Points With a Crew. When I started the site a few years ago, it was because it seemed like most of the miles and points / travel blogs out there were written by single guys or couples with no kids. I wanted to provide a voice to families to let people know that you don’t HAVE to always travel first class or stay in 5 star hotels. It is OKAY to drive to your vacation and stay in a Holiday Inn Express (but not a Holiday Inn)
And that is all still very true – although there are a few more family travel / miles and points blogs out there, it’s still a space very dominated by the childless. And I still really enjoy helping families realize that they CAN take that trip they’ve always wanted to take.
Who we’re looking for
We’ve hired a few writers periodically throughout the year, but this time we are looking to hire just 1 writer who focuses exclusively on deals / sales on travel-related items. Here are a few posts in this genre that give an idea for what we’re looking for
- Kickstarter: ReveaLED UV Flashlight for Travelers and Photographers
- Get the Bose QuietComfort 25 Wired Noise Cancelling Headphones for as low as $94!
- It’s back! Get $15 off at Amazon with one Chase Ultimate Rewards point (targeted)
- Samsung / Apple Qi Wireless Charger Stand only $32.25!
There are a variety of sources of deals out there and I understand that many of the deals sources on the Internet contain the same information. We are looking for someone to curate these deals from around the Internet and share the best ones (approximately 3-5 posts a week)
The ideal candidates would be someone who
- Is already online all the time reading about miles, points and travel
- Already knows price ranges for deals that are good, great and AMAZING
- Already is participating in our Points With a Crew miles and points Facebook group
- Is available to use a template to curate and surface the top deals of the day
The position is a paid position and will pay based on the popularity of the articles you write (rather than a flat fee per post). I wouldn’t count on getting rich off of this but it’s a little something. The idea is that we would work together to come up with a deal post template, so that each individual post would not take much time to create.
How to apply
If you’re interested, send me an email at dan at pointswithacrew dot com. Include
- Your writing resume (either writing samples or references to your writing ability)
- Examples of past deals that you’ve taken advantage of
- Your favorite sources to find deals
- What are the most important parts of information to share with PWaC readers about deals
- Your favorite flavor of ice cream
- Anything and everything else that would help us get to know you
Depending on how many applicants we get, I’ll be in touch with people moving forward within the next week or two.
So if you’re interested in travel writing, let’s get in touch!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.