Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
(Almost) every week, I write a weekly recap with links to the posts that I’ve written throughout that week. I try to highlight some of the posts that you may have missed, but sometimes there are a lot of posts and things get missed.
With August drawing to a close, I thought I’d look back at my analytics to see what were my top posts for the entire month. I have eliminated deal posts only good for a limited time, but here are the top 11 posts (in order)
My 11 most popular posts for August 2016
- First of all, August 2016 was definitely “Chase Sapphire Reserve month”. I’ve eliminated a few posts that were talking about the card before it came out or have been superseded by new information, but two posts that were super popular and still timely are: Why the Chase Sapphire Reserve card might make using Rapid Rewards obsolete and comparing Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Amex Platinum vs Citi Prestige
- Speaking of the CSR, I was able to call Citi and American Express, express my concern comparing their products with the CSR and get 25,000 points in retention offers (and many other readers were too!) – Calling Amex Platinum and Citi Prestige for retention offers
- Over the past few months, I have resold $18,030 in gift cards. Was it worth it?
- I don’t like paying annual fees. But there are a few cards that I will pay the annual fee on
- A little bit timely, but if you missed it – Southwest flight WN3472 had an engine malfunction in-flight but thankfully managed to land with everyone onboard safe and sound.
- Several people that signed up for the recent 100,000 Membership Rewards offer on the Amex Platinum reported getting their 100,000 MRs clawed back allegedly for buying prepaid debit cards to meet minimum spend
- Back in the pre-CSR days, the $250 airline credit on the Citi Prestige was one of the best ones out there. Here’s a helpful PSA to not screw up your Citi Prestige airline credit (like I did)
- Earlier this year, my wife and I took a first class trip around the world. Here are our trip reports from Emirates First Class and JAL First Class
- Do you agree with this list of the 28 worst tourist traps out there? #5 Salem, Massachusetts? Check!
- I thought this was common knowledge, but some folks did not know that there is still a way to get the Citi AT&T Access More card, even though it’s not available for new signups
- My daughter and I are headed for a weekend in New York City in a few weeks. Here are my 10 year old’s Top 10 things to do in New York City
Hope you en