Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
A few months ago, IHG announced their Priceless Surprises promotion, where you could enter the sweepstakes up to 94 times, each time that you stayed in an IHG hotel during a 3 month period (94 days). The real beauty of the promotion was that some enterprising person figured out that you could also enter in 94 times by postcard, and EACH entry was guaranteed at least 500 points. In our family, we set up an assembly line filling out all the contest entries, and I know many of you did the same
It took awhile to finally get all my points, but at the conclusion of the promotion (and after much emailing), I finally got all my points. I ended up with 51,500 points and my wife’s account ended up with 49,500 points
- When should I be worried about my 94 envelopes?
- My IHG Priceless Surprises emails have started coming in – including one “You did not win”!?!
- One day left to get 50,000 hotel points
- Yup.. I’m (still) missing IHG Priceless Surprise points
I ended up using some of them at the exciting Holiday Inn Express Grove City
Marriott 2016 Summer Global Promotion
Now it’s Marriott’s turn – Reader David alerted me to the Marriott 2016 Summer Global promotion, which is also “stay based”, where you get contest entries for each stay during a 3 month period.
- Register by September 5, 2016
- Stay at participating properties between May 24 and September 5, 2016
- Earn 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 10,000 bonus points
- Receive an additional sweepstakes entry with every stay**
100 people will win 100,000 Marriott points.
Unfortunately it does look like this promotion is not quite as lucrative as the IHG Priceless Surprises, since there is not any guarantee of winning with each entry. It doesn’t seem worth it to spend a stamp on just a sweepstakes entry. Still, I thought I’d mention something in case someone else sees something in the terms that I am missing. The only thing that I see that might be worth doing is if you would get the 2,000 bonus points for each paid stay by mailing in an envelope, but that’s not how I read the terms and conditions.
Looks like maybe they learned a lesson from the fiasco that was IHG / Priceless Surprises / Hello World!
Readers and Rules Lawyers: What do you think? Is there any way to bonus points for the Marriott 2016 Summer Global promotion by filling in envelopes?