Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Some airlines will now start charging airplane passengers to file complaints. Thankfully, when I got my $1306 check from Aer Lingus, it only cost me HOURS (and hours) of my time…
- When searching on OTA Skyscanner, James Lloyd came across an itinerary with a 413786 hour (47 year) layover. When he asked them on their Facebook page what he should do, the ensuing banter pretty much won the Internet.
- Speaking of social media, I got a kick of this nearly 10 year old post over on Cranky Fliers about Jenn, Alaska Airline’s “virtual assistant”
- Not sure how many cards you’ve applied for and wondering how to count your Chase 5/24 status? Frequent Miler has the rundown
- If you’re flying in or out of New York City you may want to avoid LaGuardia…. We’re heading to NYC next month but we are flying into Newark. (SEE ALSO: A 10 year old’s Top 10 things to do in New York City)
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Your check bounces. Do you a) say “ok”, b) go on a profane rant or c) drive your car through the front of the store?