I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
As you probably know, Chase 5/24 is a rule that prevents many people from getting approved for new Chase cards.
My wife and I are both way over 5/24, so we’ve stopped trying for new Chase cards
But this week I was unexpectedly bit by Chase 5/24
We’re running a Card Madness tournament to find the “best” credit card
Opening Round matchups are going on right now – vote on #4 Chase Ink vs. #13 Freedom and #5 Alaska Airlines vs. #12 Barclaycard Arrival, #6 Amex Platinum vs Prestige and #3 CSR vs. #14 Amex EveryDay, #1 CSP vs. #16 Southwest; #8 AT&T Access More vs. #9 SPG and Card Madness Opening Round #4 – Plat Business vs. Southwest; Freedom Unlimited vs. Double Cash
Southwest Rapid Rewards are thought to have a fixed value of 1.43 cents per point
In fact, with a Chase Sapphire Reserve card, they may even become obsolete
But we did find one way to get 2.55 cents per point value for Southwest points
Tipping is ingrained as a part of American culture
We seem to tip everyone
But do you tip flight attendants too?
- The stunning Kinkakuji golden pavilion
- Amtrak Acela Business Class Review
- An unforgettable evening of traditional Kaiseki Kyoto meal
- We’re going to Banff!
- 1 year old preparing to be the youngest Appalachian Trail thru-hiker
- Experience old Kyoto in charming Higashiyama district
- A must-do simple delicious lunch at Otsuka Kyoto
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Earn 8,000 points with 2 new Amex Offers
- Got loads of SPG points? You can attend the grand opening of Westin Nanea Ocean Villas in Maui!
- Time running out to transfer hotel points for Southwest Companion Pass
- 5 New Amex Offers showed up this morning
- Reminder – Activate your Q2 2017 cash back categories!
- Reader question: “Is it bad to cancel a credit card?”
- Should you buy Avios with a 30% bonus?
- 3 New Amex Offers, including a highly targeted offer on Delta
- New Plastiq promotion doubling the fee free dollar bonus
- Alaska Airlines quietly remove JAL Premium Economy Awards
In the News
- Duking it out for O’Hare: 8 new American routes from Chicago
- American Airlines announced 17 new routes for the summer
- Marriott Platinum Premier to get enhanced United Airlines status
- Adios amigos! 2 airlines ending service to Cuba
- Alaska adds 6 new nonstop routes from San Diego
- Will IAG’s new airline “level” the playing field?
- Tickets for Los Angeles Hamilton performances are going on sale in April!
- 4 potential travel impacts from the current Trump budget proposal
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them