Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
As always, if you’ve enjoyed some of these posts, you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or sign up for our our once-daily email
2 new status matches / challenges came out this week
First of all, you can status match to Hilton Diamond status through March 2018 (I matched from IHG Platinum, and this match was even though I was already Diamond from a previous status match.
Also several folks were targeted for an American Airlines fast track challenge to Executive Platinum
A few months ago, i signed up for an online promotion to open up a Citigold checking account
The best part of this was the ability to fund the checking account with a credit card, though you can’t do that any more (SEE ALSO: The miles from my $39,000 purchase just posted!!)
Citi has reportedly been denying the promotional miles, but here’s how I was able to get my 50,000 miles from Citi!
I’m not a big product reseller, but I do a little bit here and there.
So I was surprised when I woke up to find 5 fraudulent purchases on my Walmart.com account!
I’m still trying to decide if I should bother filling out a police report.
Other news of the week
- Amazon sent me a letter letting me know that they are limiting certain Apple products to “authorized resellers”
- It’s been a long saga, but 8 months later, I’ve finally (almost?) got my 25,000 Avios refunded to me!
- Can you get compensation for a missed flight connection?
- Bora Bora is nice, but far away. Now it appears that later this year, overwater bungalows are coming to the Caribbean!
- You can now refer a friend to the Amex SPG cards (business or personal) and get DOUBLE the bonus (10,000 SPG per successful referral)
- There’s a new IHG promotion called Accelerate (again). I was not targeted, but a few folks I know were and stand to get 30,000 to 50,000 points
- Southwest is adding 5 new non stop routes, canceling 4 others, and extending their bookable travel schedule
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 9 top travel stories you may have missed
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them