Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
Both the Citi Prestige and American Express Platinum cards offer concierge service.
But what happens when you pit the American Express Platinum concierge vs the Citi Prestige concierge in a head to head showdown?
With the end of the year, it was time to recap 2016 with the top posts of 2016.
- #1-5: A deal we killed, $39,000 in miles and why flight attendants hate Diet Coke
- #6-10: Credit cards I’ll pay the annual fee on, getting arrested while travel hacking and a JAL first class trip report
- #11-15: 1,000,000 Starpoints, the world’s most ridiculous lounge, a first class trip report and Hawaii for only 15K
- #16-20: Forfeited Amex points, $900 profit from gift cards, a $1306 check from Aer Lingus, Emirates first class and dressing up in first class
- Best of the Rest: Disney budget tips, my worst mistakes, angry comments, and the top miles and points tools
Using British Airways Avios to fly American or Alaska Airlines in North America is one of the best travel deals out there.
It used to be tricky to get your AA record locator (to select seats, get elite status benefits, etc)
This month, Points With a Crew brought on 3 new travel writers
One of them, Sam, took a recent trip on Amtrak
Read his Amtrak NYC to Boston train review
- 5 awesome things to do in New York City
- 5 reasons I’m picking the Residence Inn Central Park for my next NYC trip
- Wrapping up 2016 and Looking forward
- Goodbye 2016; Hello 2017!
- 3 trips I look forward to in 2017
- What was the best place you celebrated New Year’s Eve?
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Passenger harasses Ivanka Trump on JetBlue flight
- Uber pulls self-driving cars from SF, but finds them a new home
- Brand new Westin Resort in Maui is opening in Summer 2017!
- Air Canada and Cathay Pacific announced codeshare agreement
- Ride 3, Get 1 Free – 2 New Amtrak Promotions
- 4 questions plaguing me about Alaska’s new distance based award chart
- Act Now – Starwood Dropping Virgin America Partnership
- Complete map and sortable table of all 653 IHG category changes 2017
- Don’t call the US British Airways phone number – try this instead
- “I had a date with a new lady that I cancelled because all I wanted to do was buy gift cards”
- Great options among Flying Blue promo awards in January 2017
- Norwegian Announces £56 US-UK Flights!
In the News
- La Quinta Redeem Away Program – Changes Afoot?
- Why I am loving the new 50% point rebate benefit from the Amex Business Platinum Card
- Converting SPG points to Alaska miles — 2 options and 1 dilemma!
- What to do when Marriott points expire?
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them