- IHG has been running a promotion called Into the Nights which has been fraught with difficulties since it was first announced a few months ago. I decided that I wasn’t going to bother with the promotion (and maybe you shouldn’t either), but if you did, this week it was discovered that IHG had changed some people’s stay requirements. They did backpedal and decide to honor the original requirements, but make sure you keep detailed notes if you’re participating!
- What is the Southwest Companion Pass and how do you get it? If you are looking to get the Companion Pass but don’t have one of the 50,000 mile credit cards, there IS a way to get it by transferring from Chase -> Amtrak -> Choice -> Southwest
- To celebrate getting over 500 Twitter followers, I am giving away a $15 Starbucks gift card – entries close Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
- American Airlines and Cadillac teamed up with a promotion offering 7500 miles for test driving a car. I did my “test drive” on Monday and it could NOT have been easier. Unfortunately, it looks like that promotion has now prematurely ended.
- Speaking of things that now appear to have ended, Uber made an entry into the Las Vegas (and Reno) markets on Friday, which appears to have lasted…. all of a few hours before they were (temporarily?) shut down.
- I took a poll on what YOU would do if you went to Staples looking for $200, but all they had left were $100 cards. How much is your time worth in that situation?
- Southwest Airlines doesn’t have assigned, seats, so what’s the protocol about saving seats?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them