Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
If you haven’t been following along with Points With a Crew this week, here are the top stories that you may have missed. If you like what you’re seeing, make sure you don’t miss out on another deal, by following me on Twitter, Facebook or our once-daily email
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- The biggest news of the week is that I am giving away 10,000 Hilton HHonors points – which is good enough for up to 2 free nights! If you haven’t entered, you have until Tuesday August 12th. If you’ve already entered, make sure to get your daily bonus entry and your own personal referral link!
- There have been 2 (possibly targeted?) promotions to get 500 points for opting in to email communications. First it’s 500 free United miles and also 500 free Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
- There is a new offer for a 70,000 point Best Western card (though it’s more like an existing 50,000 point offer with a 20,000 point anniversary bonus). You can also still sign up for the 75,000 Hilton HHonors point credit card.
- The Amtrak credit card is returning – here’s why you need to care!
- Here’s a simple trick to find multi-date award availability on IHG’s site. This has been useful in trying to find availability for the most recent IHG Point Breaks list
- One other place the IHG multi-date award calendar trick has been useful is in helping to book a vacation for a friend of mine using only Point Breaks hotels – it’s harder than it looks!!
News and notes
- Have you seen Rome2Rio? It’s like Google Maps Transit on steroids! Very helpful in figuring out public transportation options in unfamiliar cities
- Getting a $2000 bonus, 90,000 missing points and keeping your head from asploding – news and notes from around the travel world