Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Amtrak promotions are some of the best ways to earn additional points, especially the lucrative Double Days promotions! If the title didn’t give it away, the Amtrak Double Days promotion is back! From 3/20 to 5/20, you’ll earn twice as many points on paid trips than you normally would. You’ll need to register, which you can do here or by logging into your Amtrak Guest Rewards account and navigating to the Promotions tab.
(SEE ALSO: Amtrak NYC to Boston Review)
Terms and Conditions
- Earn double points on qualifying Amtrak travel from March 20 12:00:00am CST through May 20, 2017 11:59:59pm CST
- Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays to participate
- Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify
- Limit of four qualifying one-way segments per day
- Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets
Earning extra points is easy
With the Double Days promotion, all you need to do is register, and any trip you have planned within the two month window will be eligible to earn double points, as long as you’ve paid cash. I’ve got a couple paid trips coming up in April and May, so I’m looking forward to earning double points on those trips! With these promotions, the math can really work in your favor, especially if you also have the Amtrak Guest Rewards World credit card from Bank of America. Let’s use a trip I have coming up as an example: a $234 Amtrak Acela Business class ticket. That ticket will net me:
- 468 base points
- 117 bonus points (25%) for traveling in Business Class
- 468 bonus points for participating in the Double Days promotion
- 702 points for using the Amtrak Guest Rewards World credit card
In total, I’m earning 1,755 points for one roundtrip fare! That’s almost enough to travel NYC-Philadelphia one way on points!
Even if you don’t think you’ll take an Amtrak trip in the next two months, registering for a promotion like this is a no-brainer! Plans change, and you may find yourself needed to book a ticket, and wouldn’t double points be nice? Again, here’s the link to register for the promotion, and while you’re at it–register for their other promotions too!
(READ MORE: 4 New Amtrak Promotions Now Available)
Will you take advantage of this promotion? Let us know!