Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
- I wrote last week about 2 HUGE negative changes coming out from Citi – account shutdowns and the removal of the ability to fund checking accounts with a credit card (here’s my Citibank account shutdown scare!). Over on Miles per Day, there was a first-hand account of a reader whose Citi account was shut down. Worth the read! I will say that this particular person was hitting things REALLY hard, but I guess as MPD quoted – “If you aren’t shut down, you’re not hitting it hard enough.”
- I’m pretty sure you should not use your passport as toilet paper (HT: OMAAT)
- Speaking of passports, even though they’re like the ultimate in ID, they’re apparently not good enough to buy gift cards.
- Thanks to all my readers who helped me qualify on the list of the “Top 50 travel blogs” I came in at #45, and yes, I do realize that probably needs a helping dose of air quotes.
- I enjoyed reading Traveling the World’s compendium of the places that he’d like to live. I once took one of those online quizzes that told me which US cities I should live in and after a fairly detailed question list it came back with…. Cincinnati 🙂
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The strangest time zones, putting your dorm room on airbnb, BRG fails, and a $2500 (NOT!) hotel room