Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
The biggest news of the week was the fact that American Express SHUT DOWN most people’s Bluebird / Serve account.
My account has escaped the carnage (so far), but we’re still looking for patterns regarding who got shutdown and who did not.
And here I was worried about this “important” notice to everyone’s Serve account
Mrs. PWaC was commenting over dinner the other day about the amazing sights we saw in 2015
So like any good travel blogger, I turned it into a post!
Read more at: The 9 amazing sights I saw this year
I used 50,000 Avios to book 2 business class tickets on Aer Lingus back in September
Our flight was canceled (!), and we were rebooked in Economy
Now, 4 months later, I’m STILL trying to get my 25,000 Avios back
There are 3 good parts to making sure you’re getting the most of the miles and points for your credit cards.
First it’s signing up for new cards – here’s the 140,000 miles plus cash I got from my latest credit card churn
Santa got me a travel hacking present to organize my credit cards
And now it’s time to clean out my credit cards
- As part of our recent trip to Europe, we stayed in 6 different hotels. So why is it that the cheapest hotel turns out to be the best?
- My family and I are looking at taking a trip on Frontier Airlines – I called for any Frontier experts to give advice on family travel on Frontier, and there’s a lot of good conversation in the comments of the post!
- Frontier is also announcing 42 new non-stop routes, including 4 from Cincinnati!
- Here’s a travel goal I’ve completed every year for the last 18 years!
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Monday is the last day for a Hilton Diamond status match.
- Last week I wrote about how American Express had FORFEITED over 11,000 of “my” Membership Rewards! Thankfully, after chatting with them, I was able to get (most of) my forfeited American Express Membership Rewards BACK!
- There’s a new Amex Offer that gives up to 25% off on ANY hotel stay!
- I had 2 new (unexpected) credit cards show up in the mail today!
- There’s a simple trick that lets you book cheap Southwest tickets with US Bank FlexPerks
- How does upgrading class of service on award tickets work with American AAdvantage award?
Other travel news
- Cash and guns on an airplane? Plus a banker answering MS-related questions and more
- The #Take12Trips challenge and WHY would you ever use airline miles on a HOTEL?!?!
- Does the airline owe this passenger £2,000?
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: What’s better? 100,000 points for a few hours work, or my awesome travel hacking Christmas present?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them