Here’s a collection of some of the top travel news from around the Internet recently
- Doesn’t it seem like we’re hearing more and more stories of families with young children getting kicked off planes lately? I made the call that we should end free “lap toddlers” on flights. Just Another Points Traveler goes the other direction with 10 tips for flying with 2 lap infants.
- Long layover? The Travel Sisters share a list of several airports that offer free city tours while you’re on a layover. You might also be interested in my article about the difference between a layover, stopover and an open jaw.
- Howie from the Frugal Travel Guy did an interesting experiment where he intentionally messed up his credit score just to see what happened. Check out the results from his experiment.
- I also found an interesting thread on Flyertalk where 18 passengers were bumped, and 42 additional people had their baggage left behind, all so Delta could fly “mysterious cargo” from Salt Lake City to Boston.
- TSA checkpoints failed to catch 67 out of the 70 “banned items” that test agents tried to get through. Somehow… I’m not surprised. But at least it gives me the excuse to run links to my favorite TSA-related posts: The hilarious parody of the official TSA kids video (“Your gameboy could be the detonation device for a chemical bomb hidden in your baby sister’s teddy bear!!!”), and “I saw you naked – confessions of an ex-TSA agent)
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them