Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
The big news the past week or two has been the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. The online application is live, though Chase Sapphire Reserve 5/24 data points aren’t looking good. Some people were able to get their Chase Sapphire Reserve card last week. Then again, who should fill out a Chase Sapphire Reserve application? Plus comparing the Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Amex Platinum and Citi Prestige, why The Sapphire Reserve card might make redeeming Southwest Rapid Rewards obsolete, and comparing the Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
With all the hype about the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (see above)
I thought I’d check in with Citi and American Express to see what they thought
I called them up to see if they’d give me retention offers for my Prestige and Platinum cards (they did)
I read a story this week of a lady who was essentially bullied by the man behind her into not reclining her seat
It got me wondering: who owns the position of the seat reclining on an airplane?
What would you do in this position?
This is why cashiers give you the stink eye when you’re trying to buy a ton of gift cards.
And why do companies give away free money and then act surprised when everyone wants some?
- I am having a ton of trouble trying to book one of my Club Carlson e-certificates
Miles, points and credit cards
- IHG is offering an additional 12% off on Points + Cash stays, through September 19th.
- eBay has changed their policy (unnanounced) and you can no longer buy 3rd party gift cards with eBay gift cards
- The Olympics are done and the final tally is in – you can get 14,800 bonus FlexPoints by signing up for a FlexPerks card.
News and notes
- There is a new daily contest game – SPG More for You. Play once a day
- Your check bounces. Do you a) say “ok”, b) go on a profane rant or c) drive your car through the front of the store?
- Southwest flight WN3472 has a major engine failure on a flight from New Orleans to Orlando; thankfully the plane was able to land safely
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: All the Chase Sapphire Reserve info, a first class trip RTW and Amex clawing back points?