Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past 7 days
I got to the airport for our trip to Europe, and got ready to use my Priority Pass cards to access airport lounges
Luckily, I figured out the simple trick to access Priority Pass lounges without a physical card
Try it out and see if it works for you!
Hopefully you’ve been following along and playing the SPG Open the World sweepstakes (it ends this week)
Even better, there’s an easy way to get 200 free Starpoints in about 30 seconds by updating your email preferences
We were finally heading to Europe… sitting in our fancy Aer Lingus Business Class seats (pictured left)
Sipping our pre-departure drink….
In the maelstrom of trying to get on to another flight, here are 5 things that I did right after my flight was canceled.
Here are the rest of this week’s stories:
- On our trip to Europe, here is my review of the Boston Airport Air France lounge
- Continuing my lounge reviews (I stayed in a lot of lounges on our trip as part of my European lounge strategy!) – here’s my review of the Giotto lounge in Rome Fiumicino airport
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- Monday is (maybe?) the last day to sign up for the 75,000 Hilton HHonors credit card.
News and Notes
- Using the Big Mac to travel?!? Plus 37 rental cars in 2 days, bucket lists and TSA harassment
- If you live in or near Cincinnati, here’s a reminder that we’re having a Cincinnati miles and points meetup this Saturday (October 3rd)
- Did you know more people have died this year from trying to take selfies than from shark attacks? Selfie deaths, traveling “mojo”, lap toddlers, Fairmont and where did the pilots go?
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: I’m taking my bags in an emergency, 250K Starpoints and a flight…. CANCELED?!?!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them