Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
We’re running a Card Madness tournament to find the “best” credit card
2nd Round matchups are going on right now – vote on #1 Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. #9 Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, #3 Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. #11 Citi Prestige® Card, #7 Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. #15 Chase IHG Rewards card and #5 Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card vs. #13 Chase Freedom
I recently had an interesting experience when my Lyft driver went the wrong way down a one way street
But recently tipping on Uber and Lyft has been in the news
What do you think readers – should you tip Lyft drivers?
And an all-time high on the Chase Marriott card as well.
Sharon was recently in Kyoto and Osaka and has been chronicling her experiences there
If you’re heading to Japan, you’ll definitely want to check the series out
United Airlines was in the news this weekend for denying boarding to 2 pre-teen girls wearing leggings
Although United was technically “right” – they still made a huge mistake
- 5 reasons to visit Quebec in winter
- Unexpected fun at Toei Kyoto Studio Park
- Oh Deer Deer everywhere – a day trip to Nara from Kyoto or Osaka
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Taking the Amtrak Auto Train to Florida
- Alaska Airlines announces elite benefits when traveling on Virgin America
- Buying Hilton points with a 100% bonus – is it worth it?
In the News
- Southwest’s first 737MAX flights will take off in October
- Delta is launching SEA ORD nonstop services
- My home airport ranked the #1 airport in the US?!?
- New Frontier sale with one-ways as low as $20
- Singapore Changi Airport the “World’s Best Airport” for 5th consecutive year
- UK bans certain electronics from select Middle East flights
- Amtrak derailment snarls NY Penn Station and evening commute
- Alaska Airlines adds new MileagePlan Partner
- The final days of Virgin America…
- [Targeted] – Amtrak Select Status when you take two roundtrips
- Didn’t get that upgrade? Beat the steward with your shoe!
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them