Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- There have been rumors from some seemingly well-placed sources of American Airlines set to devalue. I agree with Gary from View from the Wing in his saying that the thing that worries me is waiting for the other shoe to drop on this – what are they going to do to the award chart?
- Drew and Carrie from Travel is Free recently spent 47 nights in Egypt at low-category hotels: Here’s their ranking / hotel reviews of the hotels that they stayed at. No surprise – they were pretty much all great – remember – there is a TON of value in low-level hotels!
- Are you on a flight with a screaming baby? I liked these tips on how to handle things if there’s a screaming baby on your flight! Just remember that you shouldn’t expect parents to give you a goodie bag!
- A line of clothing that can stop pick pockets? Color me intrigued by the 18th testimonial of how these pants have stopped pick pockets – this time from Barcelona.
- It seems there is a debate as to whether it’s rude to wake up your seatmate if you have to use the restroom. It seems clear to me – while you should attempt to be polite if possible (i.e. go when they go), if you gotta go, you gotta go – if you don’t want to be woken up, pick a window seat! (Personally, I’ve found a way to once and for all settle the aisle / window debate!)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Road tripping in the “age of Instagram” (barf!) and other great travel news