Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
After posting Emirates First Class flight reviews from Singapore to Dubai and then Emirates First Class A380 from Dubai to New York City, I got some backlash
Specifically, some people suggested that I should not be wearing a T-shirt in first class – leading me to wonder: Should you dress up in first class?
That led to one of my angriest comment sections of any post ever! We’re up over 80 posts and counting!
There is a new excellent credit card offer out there
The Citibank Hilton HHonors card, which typically has a 40,000 point bonus, is now up to a 75,000 Hilton HHonors point bonus
Many folks (myself included) were also targeted for a 10,000 HHonors bonus for adding an authorized user to the AMEX Hilton card
After a recent stay at a Holiday Inn Express, I sent them a letter detailing some portions of the stay which were not ideal.
I asked for a full refund of the 15,000 points I spent on the
Other news of the week
- I’m not a huge MSer by any means, but here are my experiences using Plastiq to pay my mortgage for “free” money.
- You can get up to 9500 Airberlin TopBonus miles by referring friends, but they levy such huge fuel surcharges on their awards that it can be actually MORE than if you just paid cash!
- Did you know that you should never use a VISA card internationally?
- You can get an easy 5000 airline miles that will (likely? possibly? probably?) turn into Avios that you can combine with British Airways or Iberia
- What are the cheapest miles to book Emirates First Class awards?
- 106 Hyatt Hotels are changing category starting August 1st – here’s a map of where they are (HINT: all the ones going up are in the US, and all the ones going down are in India and China)
- Is it possible to try and do a “bump run” where you intentionally pick oversold flights and hope to get bumped to earn travel vouchers?
- Here’s why I’m passing up $1050 (maybe you want it?)
- A woman was arrested for leaving a 4 and 6 year old home alone so she could travel the world
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 12 countries in 24 hours, an Emirates First Class A380 review, 4 new record credit card offers and more