Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
JetBlue is known for having interesting tail designs on their Jetblue planes
And now they’ve come out with one that’s even more interesting
Recently, my son and I got back from a trip to west Texas and New Mexico
Part of that was a hike to Guadalupe Peak, and that hike kicked our butt (in more ways than one!)
Now I can declare that I AM THE KING OF TEXAS!
I have been trying to book 2 flights between the US and Europe using United miles
When I called in to United to help book it, I got a disturbing response
The call center rep told me “We have different availability for one-way, roundtrip and multi-city awards“
Periodically, it’s always interesting to take a look at which cards are ACTUALLY in your wallet
Here are the 4 cards in Sam’s wallet for March 2017
What about you? What cards are you carrying?
- How far would you go to meet a travel goal? An interesting look at someone who has tried 5 times to visit Yemen (his last country to visit)
- How I totally failed at gambling in Reno
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Hyatt giving Explorist status for 2016 credit card spend
- [Targeted] Earn bonus Hilton points with Citi Hilton
In the News
- Save up to 12% on IHG Points + Cash bookings
- More free miles: 1000 Vietnam Airlines LotusMiles
- Think Spring with new Alaska sale – flights from $44
- Sweet deals from Virgin America – flights from $49!
- American Airlines basic economy bookable for select routes
- American Airlines to change airplane boarding order
- Spirit touches down in Pittsburgh, adds 7 cities
- Fly high on low Southwest fares – flights from $39!
- Norwegian officially launches 3 US bases – fares from $65!
- Etihad and the UK get into row over flight delay compensation
- Fat, Old, and Banned from Aeroflot’s best routes
- How they made globes in 1955
- United adds 18 routes, majority from O’Hare
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 35,000 mile CC offer, the best mistake fare ever, and the best hotels in Japan