February has been a great month for Points With a Crew – I hope you’ve enjoyed the past month of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past month or so! I’ve been out of town on vacation over the past little bit, so it’s time to get back into the posting routine!
As part of my insane first day in Europe – featuring planes, trains and automobiles, my originally booked Aer Lingus flight was canceled.
Finally though – Aer Lingus cut me a check for $1306 for its canceled flights!
Last year I gave my take on the Top 10 miles and points tools out there!
You can also view the miles and points tools honorable mentions
Bank of America has a great program where anyone with a Bank of America credit or debit card gets free museum entrance
The first weekend in March is THIS weekend!
Find out more information on the Bank of America free museum program
I have a weird confluence of trips early in 2016. Even though we just got back from Disney World, we’re headed out again shortly
I also have 3 other trips planned before the end of April – it’s going to be a busy couple of months!
- Heading to Ireland? Here are the best ways from the Dublin airport to Dublin city center
- We’re going to Disney World, but I don’t know because I can’t read (actually we just got back and it was great!)
- Here’s 6 sensational ways to travel the world for free…. and 3 reasons NOT to quit your job and go traveling
- Even though the British airways deal for 4500 Avios for short-haul flights is gone, you can STILL book short-haul flights with Avios!
- Reader question – help a reader get to Athens, Greece after American canceled his flight!
- Find out how I upgraded my hotel room for $10!
- Citibank announced funding shutdowns and involuntary account closures! – here was my Citibank account shutdown scare
- 6 sensational ways to see the world for free
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Find out how to combine and transfer Marriott points for FREE! That might help you if you’re trying to beat the Chase 5/24 rule expansion by signing up for the Marriott card at its best-ever bonus
- Why did a Walmart store manager call my cell phone? – Here’s a hint – it was related to the Moneycenter ATMs and my loading of Serve
- There are still 3 “hidden” credit card offers out there
- Find out how you can still keep your miles and points when you cancel a credit card.
- This trick to make United award travel searches easier has RETURNED!
- BBVA NBA credit card All-Star weekend data points and analysis
News and Notes
- Are you on Pinterest? Let’s connect! Here are some of my top miles and points Pinterest boards
- You can still get $25 for (not) test driving a Kia. My wife and I both went in a week or so ago and it took about 30 seconds.
- The strangest time zones, putting your dorm room on airbnb, BRG fails, and a $2500 (NOT!) hotel room
- I’m pretty sure that you should not use your passport as toilet paper!
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Just got an airline check in the mail for over $1300!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.